Patrick Buel is an experienced business professional with excellent auditing, accounting, economics, business management, and operations management skills. Career spanning over 25 years in areas of corporate accounting activity. Proven track record in applying strong interpersonal and organizational talents in developing revenue and expense control systems, and restructuring accounting systems to better meet the needs of clients. Computer literate, including extensive experience with PC software, Windows Applications, Turbo Tax, Quickbooks, Master Builder, Excel, and Utility Programs.
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E:
BUEL CPA, P.C., Gilboa, NY 2003-Present
President and Business Manager
- Entrepreneurial endeavor launched in October 2003, offering audit services to Housing Authority clients, and accounting and funds control services to small corporate and D/B/A clients.
- Actively bid on OMB Circular A-133 Single Audits and Governmental “Yellow Book” audits in New York and Connecticut.
- Operate a customized accounting product line to clients.
- Develop sales strategies and product presentations to effectively market services to prospective clients.
- Product offering includes development, implementation and maintenance of the following:
- General Ledger Tracking and Reporting
- Project Cost and Revenue Tracking/Reporting Systems
- Profit and Loss Analysis Systems
- Payroll Preparation, Records, and/or Governmental Reporting
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Systems
- Tax Accounting and Reporting Systems
- Individual Income Tax Preparation
- Offer New York State Notary Public Services
- Successfully started business through personal contacts and mass mailings to Housing Authorities offering audit and fee accounting services.
- Succeeded in keeping all clients that were assigned to me from my departure from Barrett CPA, PC.
- Have successfully expanded my client base and related revenues
- Have employed a full-time staff person to assist with audits, data entry, payroll reporting, and miscellaneous other office duties
BARRETT CPA, P.C., Catskill, NY, Gilboa, NY 1995-2003
- Supervised and reviewed audit engagement staff throughout the course of HUD audits.
- Completed tax preparations for numerous corporate and individual clients.
- Completed audits/reviews/compilations for individuals, corporations, and governmental agency clients, and completed reports accordingly.
- Assisted in sales strategies development and product presentations.
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E: (Continued)
- Opened and managed a satellite office of Barrett CPA, PC in Gilboa, NY
- Obtained Public Housing Manager certification from The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Succeeded in bringing in clients that I was affiliated with and obtained numerous additional clients in the surrounding areas.
WILLIAM B. BRIGGS CONSTRUCTION CO., INC. 1982-1995
& BRIGGS EQUIPMENT CO., INC., Prattsville, NY
- Managed, supervised, and controlled the company’s Accounts Receivable, Client Billings, Cash Receipts, Collections and Bank Reconciliations
- Developed and maintained a $5 million dollar operating budget
- Directly responsible for the company’s Job Cost Control System, and manage project information related to cost containment/reporting, and customer pricing policies
- Managed and maintained the company’s General Ledger System, operating on an IBM S/36 mid-sized computer system
- Operations included: employee payment options, employee benefits plan administration, tax and agency filing and payments, as well as computer system upgrades
- Responsible for quarterly and year end tax reporting/filing of withholding and income tax statements
- Managed a 4 person staff responsible for the Accounts Payable System for both companies, and the Inventory System and Retail Sales Recordings of Briggs Equipment Company
- Met with all insurance auditors as required
- Supplied accountant with inter-company transactions for deletion as required for combined financial statements
· Developed an innovative company General Ledger System for cash accounts introducing utility programs
· Developed Check Register and Check Reconciliation System for cash accounts using interactive data definition utility programs
· Developed and formatted all files for use in the company’s General Ledger and Check Register systems
E D U C A T I O N
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, Oneonta, NY
Bachelor of Science, Business Economics Major, Specializing in Accounting for CPA exam eligibility, 1995
ALBANY BUSINESS COLLEGE, Albany, NY
Associates Degree, Data Processing, Accounting & Business Administration Major, 1982
GILBOA-CONESVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL, Gilboa, NY
Regents Diploma, Business & Math Major, 1980